Saturday, November 20, 2010

Welcome to the SUStars blog hop!! I'm sure you enjoyed Carolyn’s blog, she has some really beautiful artwork doesn’t she?? This year I am feeling a bit nostalgic. I’ve been stamping for 12 years now, and I am usually so wrapped up in how to do the newest techniques that I have gotten away from some of the simple things that made me fall in love with stamping to begin with. For that reason I wanted to do some projects that really get me back to my roots. I hope you enjoy your time here on my blog as I take you along my memory lane.

The first project that I did really took me back (pre stamping back!! Lol) . When I was little we had some Jewish relatives so we would always find blue or silver wrapping paper to wrap their “non” Christmas gifts in. I always LOVED that color combination and it is a very nice way to let someone that isn’t Christian know that you are still thinking of them during the holiday.





The cards are made using Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Whisper White and Silver cardstock. I also embellished with our self sticking rhinestones. The card itself has been run through the big shot with the Distressed plate just to give it a little texture.

The next set of cards reminds me of one of the things that I use to really enjoy about stamping, spending time with my Mom. My mom and I started stamping together and she fell in love with the polished stone technique. There also use to be a joke around the stamping group that we were in that every card my mother did was blue (it really was true!)



The colors used in these cards are Pacific Point and Baja Breeze. It uses the snowflake punch as well as the large scallop circle. It is also embellished with a silver eyelet. Along with the polished stone technique I also used a technique called “hidden Image” if you look carefully in the background you can see snowflakes . The stamp sets used on this set are the Serine Snowflakes and Curly Cute.

The next card is a super easy card made with Very Vanilla and Old Olive. Old Olive was a staple color of mine when I first started stamping and I still love it. The sets used are the wonderful “Lovely as a tree” and “Perfect Punches”. This was one of the first sets that my Mom bought and I will be crushed when it is retired. It is so versatile and can be used for so many different things. Although my Mom probably hopes that it is retired soon so I will give it back to her!!! Lol



The next three cards are also very easy and would be great for a workshop or stamp a stack! I used Whisper White on all three and then varied the background colors and added rhinestones to a few of the snowflakes. I used the Northern Flurry embossing folder to get the gorgeous snowflakes on the white cardstock and used the Scallop Trim Border on the accent color. The accent colors I used where Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, and Night of Navy but any of our colors would have looked great!



The last project I made was a little gift bag. Although my first love is really the cards I use to love making simple 3D items to give away. For this bag I used Night of Navy and Whisper White cardstock. The ink was white Craft ink and the snowflakes are sparkling with the help of Galaxy Fine Stampin’ Glitter. I will have a tutorial on how to make these on my blog next week after the blog hop is over so if you don’t already have this pattern in your file stop back by I guarantee you will use this for at least one person on your gift list!!




Well, thanks for coming along with me on my memories journey. Now hop on over to Deborah’s blog and show her some love too!!

Click here to go to back to Carolyns blog

Click here to keep hopping along to Deborah’s blog

10 comments:

Brenda said...

These are all fantastic! Love the polished stone technique! TFS

Raissa Spatola said...

Hi Vikki! Love the polished stone cards but my favorite is the Joy card, very elegant. TFS!
Rubber hugs,
Raissa

creations by jackie said...

WOW, your cards are wonderful and I love the simplicity of them. I love the polished stone technique too.

Patrice Herrera said...

Oh my these are all so beautiful it is too hard to tell which one I like the best:)

Veronica said...

Very pretty cards. TFS.

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Vikki, all your projects are fantastic and very elegant. Thank you for sharing with us. Hugs,
Martha Lucia Gomez
www.stampartpapel.com

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

Great technique on the polished stone...looks like a gem.

Denise Foor
www.denisefoor.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lovely projects. The dry embossing makes everything classier.
Sharon L

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Vicki,

These are beautiful projects! I love the simplicity of them, and the colors are so perfect. thanks so much for sharing

StamperShirley said...

Great cards once again - lots of great techniques. Very difficult to pick a fave, but I just love the very simple Lovely as a Tree card - I am making some of these right away! Thanx for sharing.